About Lotus 7
Rancho Santa Margarita (RSM), California has a rich and unique history of respect and appreciation of ‘Community’. Home to one of the most beautiful natural environments of Orange County, and once inhabited by the Acjachemaen tribe, this valley’s inhabitants continue their predecessor’s tradition of blazing new trails.
In the early1980’s, RSM became an area of interest to many Southern Californians wishing to escape the congestion and over population of the Los Angeles and Orange County areas. Developers worked hand in hand with architects and engineers to envision and create a ‘Master- Plan’ community that would allow safe, clean and affordable living for single professionals and new families while preserving the surrounding wilderness. The open space and wilderness of Trabuco Canyon has a humbling presence and while this area has been named one of the greatest development opportunities in Orange County many local residents find simple relaxation in walking the local trails.
Complimenting the natural environment with the necessary presence of retail and commercial business can be a difficult task, but in the summer of 2007, the City of RSM, warmly welcomed the opening of the first and only Yoga studio in town, Lotus7 Yoga, Pilates and Lifestyle Center.
Yoga, a practice to bring us back to our ‘natural’ and ‘true’ self, provides one with holistic skills for improving mind, body and soul. The opening of Lotus7 along with her growing legacy has added a unique gift of enrichment to the history of RSM, one that continues to grow each day she opens her arms to her community.
Our Mission and Core Values:
Lotus7 strives to provide a beautiful, relaxing, and friendly environment in which students of all levels can practice and help each other in bettering their body, mind and soul. To promote a warm and tranquil sanctuary where individuals are offered personal and attentive teaching that encourages community and a healthy balanced life and
Maintain a culture of fun, freedom, inspiring, and innovative experiences.
1. Honor We honor the mind, body, and spirit in each individual, knowing the need to balance and blend all these elements. We encourage authenticity as a means to build trust, and as essential to the growth and development of the whole.
2. Integrity We conduct ourselves with honesty, fairness, truth, candor, and respect. We treat others, as we ourselves would want to be treated. We focus on the collective good.
3. Stewardship We value the practice of service and what it teaches us about ourselves and our relation to others. We are attuned to and care about others experiences, needs, and expectations. We treat each other with grace.
4. Sustainability We consider the impact of our actions. We advocate for fairness in the treatment of all species, make decisions for the common good, and encourage activism as a means to social justice. Our facilities are grounded in the awareness of our relationship to the environment. We endeavor to have our work in the world be self-sustaining.
5. Teamwork We work together, inclusively, collaboratively, with energy, intention, and commitment. We strive for clear, direct, and unambiguous communication. We seek true, underlying meaning, keeping each other informed, sharing what we are thinking and doing, and expect the same in return. We expect each of us to do what we say we will do, to meet commitments, and be dependable and responsible.
6. Welcoming We invite people to find space here, to feel safe, create community, to feel at home, and find nourishment. Our environment is nurturing, relaxing, stimulating, and inspiring.
7. Accessibility We welcome people of all races and religious traditions. We provide scholarship assistance for our programs on a needs basis and internships for high school and college students.
Local Community Contributions: 2007 to Present
July 14th, 2007 - Dedication of Lotus7 to the Saddleback community.
July 28th, 2007 - Grand Opening of Lotus7 Yoga and Pilates; Celebrated with an Open House that attracted 100 clients who signed up on first day. Click here to read article. (Donated food and services = $1000.00)
September 2007 - Lotus7 hosts the Hospitality Booth and leads the 'Morning Stretch' at the 3rd Annual City of RSM 5K/Fun Run and Health Expo. (Donated $2500.00)
October 2007 - In recognizing many of Lotus7 client’s, and their unique involvement in the community L7 looked for ways to begin promoting their good work via ‘L7Lifestyles’ monthly newsletters, a practice that continues today.
November 2007 - As a new business, Lotus7 couldn’t donate time, but it was/is important to always meet the community’s needs. During the October fires L7 created specialty yoga classes and workshops focused on healing physical problems incurred from the fires. Click here to read article.
March 2008 - Lotus7 sponsors the 7th Annual Dove Dash for Ryan’s Reach. L7 sponsored a table and team for the event. This was a family affair, with owner Lisa Brabender, and her husband Dan making up part of the team, along with their daughter Danielle recruiting numerous volunteers from her high school. In addition, L7 donated a 12 person private yoga party with wine and cheese reception as one of the prizes for race winners (Retail Value = $650.00). Click here to read article.
August 2008 - 1st Anniversary Celebration: Open House, free classes and raffle prizes for over 100 attendees. (Donated food and services: $1000.00)
September 2008 - Lotus7Yoga&Pilatesbecomes first studio to partner with the newly opened Women’s Wellness Center at Mission Viejo Hospital, providing yoga to its patients and employees on a weekly basis.
October 2008 Lotus7 starts a yearly tradition of offering free yoga classes for breast cancer survivors throughout the month of October. (Donated Services = $1000.00)
January 2009 - Lotus7Yoga & Pilates celebrates National Yoga Day by offering all classes free of charge. Proceeds of all yoga packages purchased that day were given to Yoga Bear, an organization that matches cancer patients with local yoga studios offering them free yoga classes. (Total Donated Services for event = $1000.00; $500.00 in gift certificates for Yoga Bear)
July/August 2010 - Lotus7Yoga&Pilates organizes the L7 Cerebral Palsy Summer of Wellness Program. The only one of its kind to be held in Orange County, the L7 Wellness Program provided free treatments for children with CP and their caregiver/parents.
Parents were able to try new forms of treatment and monitor their child’s response.
Patients could take an alternative approach to wellness without economic stress
Publicity helped to stoke public awareness of alternative wellness and the CP community
Total # of Participants and Donated Service Hours:
15 Families; totaling 24 individuals
116 scheduled appointments (320 hours)
Total amount of Donated Services: $8,530
- L7O donates $1000 towards AIDS Walk/LA
- Rising Inner Peace All-Day Workshop and Tibetan Blessing of Lotus7 by the Honorable Dakini Yuan Miao, Lama Norbu & Jin Lian-Hua, for the creation and launch of L7Outreach.
- L7O donates $1000 towards Autism Speaks NOW Walk at Angels Stadium
- L7O partners with Boys Town USA, in Trabuco Canyon and sponsors a ‘Giving Tree’ at Lotus7Yoga&Pilates for the families of Boys Town.
- L7O supports the efforts of the Rotary Club del Sol, RSM and Coto de Caza by donating and helping to deliver Thanksgiving meals to 20 families in the local community.
- L7O adopts Military Family through Heroes under God (HUG) - $500.00
- L7OSponsors’World Yoga Day (www.world-yoga-day.net) Weekend of Empowerment’ at Lotus7 Yoga and Pilates including: donation based Community Yoga Classes, proceeds to be donated collectively to the Human Rights projects of UNICEF. Projected Donation for weekend events: $2000.00)
- L7O donates time and services for the UCP’s ‘Life Without Limits’ Gala. Click here to read article. Projected Donation $8000.00
- L7O donates a projected $30,000 in services beginning with a six-week case study program including special needs yoga and alternative health services at United Cerebral Palsy headquarters in Irvine to facilitate grant applications.
- L7O donates time and services to Mission Hospital’s Valiant Women Support Group’s15th Annual Fashion Show and Luncheon. All proceeds from this year’s luncheon benefit Women’s Services at MisĂfon, including: MfĂsion Maternity Center, the Women’s Wellness Center and the Nursing Center of Excellence for Nursing Scholarships.
- UCP of Orange County Marathon. Lotus7 owner Lisa will be running with a number of L7 clients; L7O sponsoring a booth and team for the race. (Projected Amount of Donation: $500.00)
- Lotus7Yoga, Pilates and Lifestyles Center’s 4th Anniversary Celebration and Major Fundraising Event for L7 Outreach (Fundraising Goal = $120,000)
- L7Outreach begins strategic planning for first International Women’s Empowerment Retreat for 2012. International empowerment retreats will bring women’s groups from differing countries together to exchange and engage together. Prior to departure, the group of women travelling from the USA will have already been participants in at least one L7O sponsored retreat within the United States.